Commonwealth International Academy

How to Apply

Home » Admission » How to Apply

Step 1:

Email the Academy at to request an application package. There is a $150 application fee due when you submit you application and copies of relevant documents. The application package will include a checklist for documents and an application form. Fill out the application form and continue with the following steps.

Step 2:

Prepare Documents
  • Valid Passport
  • Transcripts of the applying student’s school courses and grades, for the past 2 years
  • Two letters of recommendation on school letterhead from a current teacher or principle, in English, signed and stamped with a school emblem
  • Immunization records
  • Custodianship declaration if the student is under 18.

Step 3:

Now submit your application by emailing the application package along with your required documents listed above. You will be notified with a confirmation email that your application has been received.

Step 4:

Acceptance and Tuition

  • Once your application has been approved, the total amount of your tuition will be due to secure enrollment in the upcoming semester or year. Once paid, you will receive an acceptance letter, which may be required for the student’s work permit application. Tuition can be refunded in the event that the student’s study permit is not approved.
  • Please refer to the Tuition and Fees section of the website for costs.
  • Parents, guardians or students over the age of 18 will be emailed the Student Code of Conduct, Policy and Procedure, and the Emergency Procedure documents. These are to be signed by all parent/guardians and students and emailed back to the Academy at

Step 5:

Apply and Obtain a Study Permit

  • Once you have been approved and your full tuition has been paid, please contact Immigration & Citizenship Canada to apply and obtain a valid Study Permit for the student.
  • If you need any assistance or information about Study Permits, please contact the office.

Step 6:

When the student is granted a Study Permit, please begin to make living arrangements in Edmonton, for the students. Students may stay with family member or friends, already living in Edmonton. Students may also choose to live independently in the city. Alternately, students may choose to use a local program intended for International Students called Homestay. If Homestay is required a separate application must be submitted to Canada Homestay Network. This is an online application submission. You will be contacted by CHN and may be asked to complete additional paperwork.

Please contact the office if you have any questions about living arrangements in Edmonton. Unfortunately, Commonwealth International Academy does not make living arrangements for students.