Commonwealth International Academy

What to Bring

Home » Student Life » What to Bring

Be sure to have all of your required documentation. A Study Visa, Study Permit, and a valid passport are all required for your time spent in Canada. If you require assistance applying for a study visa or permit go to or you can contact our administration team for help.

You also need to bring an appropriate amount of clothing and toiletries. Clothing should be packed according to the weather that Edmonton experiences. Keep in mind that most forgotten necessities can be purchased in a drug store, grocery store, or department store. Pack and be prepared for a crisp and cool autumn, cold winter, wet and rainy spring time, and hot summers.  

Personal electronics are also something that you should bring. Laptops, tablets, smartphones etc… are all allowed. The use of these electronics will be limited during school hours. The use of these electronics during school hours will be up to the discretion of the teacher, which is also outlined in the Student Code of Conduct (hyperlink to pdf).